I’m actually super excited about the prospect of seeing this exhibit, should it travel States-side. For a few weeks, my girlfriend and I both worked at the human Bodies exhibit down at the South Street Seaport and, while it felt a little Tomb of the Unknown Dissident-y, it was also all kinds of trippy and interesting for this former anatomy/physiology hobbyist (incidentally, that is a great euphemism for a serial killer) (also incidentally, my girlfriend was less of a fan of the Bodies exhibit as, when we got our free tour of the premises, she was convinced she was smelling deli meat - SO NOW WHO HAS THE PROBLEMS?!).
So, seeing animals get the same treatment (those smug fucks) should be most fascinating, and there are a handful of really cool photos to be found if you follow the link above (sharks are fuzzy inside!). However what most intrigues me is the woman’s face in this picture:
WHAT THE FUCK IS SHE THINKING ABOUT INSIDE OF HER BRAIN?
1. Someone she once cared about told her she was an idiot for thinking there were 942,317,319 capillaries inside the neck of a horse. Finally, vindication.
2. This horse ruined her life somehow - either she lost money on it, or it was part of an assassination squad and murdered her family. Revenge is sweet, Little Goliath.
3. “Yes, June, you may have just discovered you have the most specific sexual fetish in the world, but let’s just enjoy this feeling now and worry about what this means for our future after we leave the museum.”
4. She is an apostate Dothraki (do they do rumspringa? Is that covered in A Dance with Dragons?) and has been overwhelmed by a sense of nostalgia.
5. She is a blind woman having a very pleasant memory of a beautiful spring day and doesn’t realize her face is pointed towards THE JAGGED INSIDE OF A HORSE’S HEAD.
Oddly enough, the horse seems to be thinking only one thing:
1. “Yeah, you like that, slut?”
Horses are such assholes.